“Best” Festival in Wisconsin!
52nd Annual Bayfield Apple Festival
October 4-6, 2013, 10am – 5pm
Vendor applications are still being accepted!
Bayfield’s Apple Festival has been hailed as the “Best Festival in Wisconsin” by Wisconsin Trails Magazine and one of the “Top Ten Autumn Festivals in North America” by the Society of American Travel Writers. Is it because of the charming small town atmosphere? The famous Grand Parade featuring a “Mass Band”? The countless booths of fresh apple pies, tarts, caramel apples, ciders and other fall treats? Well, YES! Make plans now to experience for yourself all that makes Applefest unquestionably one of the best festivals in October… well, anywhere!
Join us this fall in Bayfield! Come often. Stay long. And don’t miss Apple Festival.
- 51 years as one of Wisconsin’s premiere festivals, located on the shores of Lake Superior in Bayfield, Wisconsin, which is honored by the Chicago Tribune as the “Best Little Town in the Midwest”.
- Touted by Wisconsin Trails Magazine as Wisconsin’s “Best” festival.
- 50,000 visitors attend Apple Festival from throughout the Midwest.
- Visit our Facebook page to see what our fans are saying.
The Apple Festival features:
Friday September 27th
- Senior Social in Lakeside Pavilion on Friday, September 27.
- Apple Pie contest and Community Pie Social on Friday, September 27.
Friday, Saturday, Sunday - October 4, 5 and 6th
- Over 60 orchard and food booths selling Bayfield's apples and apple desserts and delicacies; Caramel apples, apple pies, apple tortes, dumplings or tarts, apple sundaes, apple cider, bags and bushels of apples - even apple bratwurst, mustard, and butter.
- A kids' carnival with games, rides and favorite foods.
- Plenty to buy and see including over 150 arts and crafts booths.
- Fine art exhibitors in Memorial Park featuring pottery, paintings, glassworks, photography, wood crafts, weaving and traditional Native American beading - the list goes on.
- A Grand Parade on Sunday featuring a 400 member "Mass Band" finale
- Big Top Chautauqua's Blue Canvas Orchestra will perform throughout the weekend on the Grandstand stage. Hear the original Apple Festival song!
- The annual Apple Dumpling Gang contest for the little ones including a drawing to win one of three prizes.
- The Venetian Boat Parade on Saturday evening featuring the Pipes and Drums of Thunder Bay.
- Bus shuttles for easy parking at Hauser's Superior View Farm and Legendary Waters Casino.
- Bayfield Fire Department offers a traditional fish boil dinner on Saturday afternoon at Lakeside Pavilion followed by a Saturday evening dance.
- Ongoing street performers throughout the festival grounds, including the local Ojibwe Drum and Dance Troop.
- Ongoing boat cruises of the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore.
- Musical entertainment at many local pubs, StageNorth, and Legendary Waters Resort & Casino
- Drive 5 minutes outside of town and tour over 14 local orchards, many with pick-your-own apples and pumpkins.
Can't make it to Apple Festival? Then come any time during September and October to savor the beauty and bounty of Fall in Bayfield. Enjoy apple picking, apple sampling, and cider tasting among the explosion of fall colors throughout Bayfield's orchard country. Take advantage of our special Fall Harvest Lodging Packages and indulge in hearty autumn menus offered by Bayfield's gourmet eateries.
Enter the Apple Festival Poster and Button Contest today - Deadline is June 16th, 2013
Apple Festival Poster and Button Contest guidelines
Applications available now!
2013 Apple Festival artist application (pdf)
2013 Apple Festival vendor application (pdf)
2013 Apple Festival food application (pdf)
2013 Apple Festival food rules (pdf)
2013 Apple Festival nonprofit application (pdf)
We thank our wonderful 2012 supporters for making the 51st Annual Bayfield Apple Festival one of Wisconsin's most celebrated and successful festivals:
- Apostle Highlands Golf Course - On-site Vehicles
- Bayfield Inn - Artist Support
- Bayfield Lodging Members - Mass Band
- Bremer Bank - Apple Pie & Dessert Contest
- Chippewa Valley Bank - Apple Dumpling Gang
- CORE Community Resources - Senior Social
- Evergreen Shopper - Official Apple Festival Directory
- Madeline Island Ferry Line - Apple Festival Portrait Board
- Memorial Medical Center - First Aid & Safety Services
- Midwest Communications/KDAL Radio - Official Radio Station
- Northern State Bank - Supporting Sponsor
- Northland College - On-site Support
- Northland's NewsCenter, KBJR 6 & Range 11 - Official Television Station
- #2 Septic, LLC - Waste Management
- Port Superior Marina - Pipes & Drums of Thunder Bay
- Printing Plus - Official Apple Festival Poster
- Xcel Energy - Grand Parade Awards
Get your Apple Festival merchandise now!
Call in your order at the Chamber at (800) 447-4094 or click the button below to order online.
The Bayfield Apple Festival is a Travel Green Wisconsin certified event.