55th Annual Bayfield Apple Festival
October 7, 8 & 9, 2016, 10am – 5pm
Hailed as one of the “10 Best Fall Harvest Festivals in the Nation” in 2015 by USA TODAY, the annual Apple Festival is a celebration of the autumn harvest and Bayfield’s agricultural heritage. But what exactly makes it so great? Is it the charming small town atmosphere? The famous Grand Parade featuring a “Mass Band”? The countless booths of fresh apple pies, tarts, caramel apples, ciders and other fall treats? Well, YES! Make plans now to experience for yourself all that makes Applefest unquestionably one of the best festivals in October… well, anywhere!
Join us this fall in Bayfield! Come often. Stay long.
And don’t miss Apple Festival.
- 55 years as one of Wisconsin’s premiere festivals, located on the shores of Lake Superior in Bayfield, Wisconsin, which is honored by the Chicago Tribune as the Best Little Town in the Midwest and Smithsonian Magazine as one of America’s Best Small Towns.
- Touted by USA TODAY as one of the 10Best Fall Harvest Festivals in the nations and by Wisconsin Trails Magazine as Wisconsin’s Best Festival.
- 50,000+ visitors attend Apple Festival from throughout the Midwest.
- Visit our Facebook page to see what our fans are saying.
The Apple Festival features:
THE WEEKEND BEFORE! Friday, September 30, 2016
- Senior Social,
at the Bayfield Lakeside Pavilion, begins at 1pm
- Apple Pie and Dessert Contest and Tasting,
at the Bayfield Lakeside Pavilion, pie and dessert drop-off is 4pm-5pm, tasting begins at 6pm
Click to download the Apple Pie and Dessert Entry Form
Friday, Saturday, Sunday – October 7, 8 and 9, 2016
- Over 60 orchard and food booths selling Bayfield’s apples and apple desserts and delicacies; Caramel apples, apple pies, apple tortes, dumplings or tarts, apple sundaes, apple cider, bags and bushels of apples – even apple bratwurst, mustard, and butter.
- A kids’ carnival with games, rides and favorite foods.
- Plenty to buy and see including nearly 100 arts and crafts booths.
- Fine art exhibitors on South 2nd Street, featuring pottery, paintings, glassworks, photography, wood crafts and fiber arts.
- A Grand Parade on Sunday featuring a 400+ member “Mass Band” finale
- Big Top Chautauqua’s Blue Canvas Orchestra will perform throughout the weekend on the Essentia Health Grand Stand stage. Hear the original Apple Festival song!
- The annual Apple Dumpling Gang contest for the little ones including a drawing to win one of three prizes. Download the registration form.
- Bus shuttles for easy parking at Hauser’s Superior View Farm and Legendary Waters Casino.
- Bayfield Fire Department offers a traditional fish fry dinner on Saturday afternoon at Lakeside Pavilion followed by a Saturday evening dance.
- Boat cruises of the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore.
- Peel Out 5K trail run at Mt. Ashwabay
- Musical entertainment at many local pubs and Legendary Waters Resort & Casino
- Drive 5 minutes outside of town and tour the 15 local orchards and farms, many with pick-your-own apples and pumpkins.
Can’t make it to Apple Festival? Then come any time during September and October to savor the beauty and bounty of Fall in Bayfield. Enjoy apple picking, apple sampling, and cider tasting among the explosion of fall colors throughout Bayfield’s orchard country. Take advantage of our special Fall Harvest Lodging Packages and indulge in hearty autumn menus offered by Bayfield’s gourmet eateries.
We thank our 2015 supporters for making the 54th Annual Bayfield Apple Festival one of Wisconsin’s most celebrated and successful festivals:
- Apostle Highlands Golf Course – On-site vehicles
- CORE Community Resources – Senior Social
- Essentia Health – Grandstand Stage
- Ashland Daily Press – Official Festival Directory
- KBJR and Range 11 – Official Television Station
- KDAL Radio – Official Radio Station
- Madeline Island Ferry Line – Apple Festival Photo Board
- Maggie’s – Mass Band
- Memorial Medical Center – First Aid & Safety
- Northern State Bank – Supporting Sponsor
- Pier Plaza & Pickled Herring Lounge – Pipes & Drums of Thunder Bay
- Printing Plus – Official Apple Festival Poster
- Xcel Energy – Grand Parade Awards
Purchase Official Apple Festival merchandise!
The 2014 and 2015 Apple Festival posters and buttons are available for purchase at the Bayfield Chamber and Visitor Bureau.
Call in your order to the Chamber at (715) 779-3335.
The Bayfield Apple Festival is a Travel Green Wisconsin certified event.