May 13 – June 12, 2016
Admire over 50,000 blooming daffodils, a vibrant mosaic of roadside lupine & rolling orchards of apple blossoms bursting into rosy color during our month-long celebration of spring.
The 14th annual Bayfield in Bloom events will start with a live Wisconsin Public Radio show broadcast of Larry Meiller’s Garden Talk on Friday, May 13, beginning at 11am. Join the studio audience at the Bayfield Lakeside Pavilion.
In addition to the live broadcast, visitors are invited to the Bayfield in Bloom Garden Expo from 9:30am – 11:00am and 12:30pm – 1:00pm at the Bayfield Lakeside Pavilion. Guests will have the opportunity to meet and speak with local horticultural experts, win Spring-themed door prizes, and choose from a variety of local garden-themed products available for purchase. Friday’s activities are free and open to the public.
Don’t miss the Bayfield Garden Tour, Saturday, June 4 from 10am to 3pm. Visitors will have the opportunity to get up close and personal with the plants at some of Bayfield’s finest gardens. Whether an amateur gardener or professional horticulturist, you are sure to enjoy these self-guided walking tours. Homeowners and gardeners will be on hand to answer your questions. Come to gather design ideas or be inspired by the spectacular water features, flower garden arrangements and exquisite plant varieties on display.
The festivities culminate with the Blessing of the Fleet, June 12 at 1pm in Bayfield’s City Harbor. See history come to life at this annual event. Click here for more details.
Blessing of the Fleet: BOATER REGISTRATION FORM
Spring in Bayfield is a delight for all the senses! We look forward to welcoming you.
Ongoing spring events include:
- Apostle Islands Cruises, Starting May 14, Grand Tour departs daily at 10:00 am, (800) 323-7619
- Apostle Islands National Lakeshore Visitor Center, open Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, beginning mid-May (715) 779-3397
- Watch jams & jellies made daily, Bayfield Apple Company, open 9:00 am – 6:00 pm, (715) 779-5700
- Bayfield Heritage Walking Tours, Offering Historic, Ghost, Cemetery Walks and an Architect Tour. Tickets available at the Bayfield Chamber. Call (715) 779-0299 for dates and times.
- Wine tastings, Bayfield Winery, Weekends in May and daily after June 1st, (715) 779-5404 and All Sisters’ Winery, (715) 779-3274
- Hauser’s Red Barn Plant Sale, May 1 through Memorial Day, open 7 days a week, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, (715) 779-5404
- Madeline Island Ferry Line trips, Departs approximately hourly, 7:30am – 8:30pm, please refer to schedule for exact times, (715) 747-2051
- Summer Classes begin, Madeline Island School of the Arts, May 20th, (715) 747-2054
- Spring Sailing Charters on Lake Superior
- Shop for Blooming deals at unique shops & art galleries
- Bike, Hike, & Golf amongst the scenic beauty of Bayfield
- Self-guided garden tours at the Winfield Inn & Gardens and 14 area orchards
- 50,000 blooming daffodils and roadside touring of wildflowers and lupine