May 16 – June 15, 2014
Printed maps are available at the Bayfield Chamber and Visitor Bureau,
42 S. Broad St.
As 50,000 blooming daffodils blanket the landscape, stroll the rolling orchards of apple blossoms or explore the countryside amidst a vibrant mosaic of roadside lupine.
The 12th annual Bayfield in Bloom events will start with a live Wisconsin Public Radio show broadcast of Larry Meiller’s Garden Talk on Friday, May 16th, beginning at 11:00am. Join the studio audience at the Bayfield Lakeside Pavilion.
In addition to the live broadcast, visitors are invited to the Bayfield in Bloom Garden Expo from 9:30am – 11:00am and 12:30pm – 1:00pm at the Bayfield Lakeside Pavilion. Guests will have the opportunity to meet and speak with local horticultural experts, win Spring-themed door prizes, and choose from a variety of local garden-themed products available for purchase. Friday’s activities are free and open to the public.
Don’t miss Bayfield’s Annual Garden Tours, Saturday, June 7th and Sunday, June 8th from 10:00am to 3:00pm.
Visitors will have the opportunity to get up close and personal with the plants at some of Bayfield’s finest gardens. Whether an amateur gardener or professional horticulturist, you are sure to enjoy these self-guided walking tours. Homeowners and gardeners will be on hand to answer your questions. On Sunday, view Bayfield’s gardens and orchards from the comfort of your car. Come to gather design ideas or be inspired by the spectacular water features, flower garden arrangements and exquisite plant varieties on display. Tour maps will be posted here soon! Check back as the event gets closer.
The festivities culminate with the Blessing of the Fleet, June 15 at 1pm in Bayfield’s City Harbor. See history come to life at this annual event. Click here for more details.
Spring in Bayfield is a delight for all the senses! We look forward to welcoming you.
Ongoing spring events include:
- Apostle Islands Cruises, Starting May 17, Grand Tour departs daily at 10:00 am, (800) 323-7619
- Apostle Islands National Lakeshore Visitor Center, open Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, open weekdays April 28, weekends May 24 (715) 779-3397
- Watch jams & jellies made daily, Bayfield Apple Company, open 9:00 am – 6:00 pm, (715) 779-5700
- Bayfield Heritage Walking Tours, Offering Historic, Ghost, Cemetery Walks and an Architect Tour. Tickets available at the Bayfield Chamber. Call (715) 779-0299 for dates and times.
- Wine tastings, Bayfield Winery, Weekends in May and daily after June 1st, (715) 779-5404 and All Sisters’ Winery, (715) 779-3274
- Madeline Island Ferry Line trips, Departs approximately hourly, 7:30am – 8:30pm, please refer to schedule for exact times, (715) 747-2051
- Summer Classes begin, Madeline Island School of the Arts, May 20th, (715) 747-2054
- Spring Sailing Charters on Lake Superior
- Shop for Blooming deals at unique shops & art galleries
- Bike, Hike, & Golf amongst the scenic beauty of Bayfield
- Self-guided garden tours at the Winfield Inn & Gardens and 14 area orchards
- 50,000 blooming daffodils and roadside touring of wildflowers and lupine