May 15 – June 14, 2015
The 13th annual Bayfield in Bloom events will start with a live Wisconsin Public Radio show broadcast of Larry Meiller’s Garden Talk on Friday, May 15, beginning at 11am. Join the studio audience at the Bayfield Lakeside Pavilion.
In addition to the live broadcast, visitors are invited to the Bayfield in Bloom Garden Expo from 9:30am – 11:00am and 12:30pm – 1:00pm at the Bayfield Lakeside Pavilion. Guests will have the opportunity to meet and speak with local horticultural experts, win Spring-themed door prizes, and choose from a variety of local garden-themed products available for purchase. Friday’s activities are free and open to the public.
Don’t miss Bayfield’s Annual Garden Tours, Saturday, June 6 from 10am to 3pm.
Visitors will have the opportunity to get up close and personal with the plants at some of Bayfield’s finest gardens. Whether an amateur gardener or professional horticulturist, you are sure to enjoy these self-guided walking tours. Homeowners and gardeners will be on hand to answer your questions. On Sunday, view Bayfield’s gardens and orchards from the comfort of your car. Come to gather design ideas or be inspired by the spectacular water features, flower garden arrangements and exquisite plant varieties on display. Tour maps will be posted here in mid-May 2015! Please check back as the event gets closer.
The festivities culminate with the Blessing of the Fleet, June 14 at 1pm in Bayfield’s City Harbor. See history come to life at this annual event. Click here for more details.
Spring in Bayfield is a delight for all the senses! We look forward to welcoming you.
Ongoing spring events include:
- Apostle Islands Cruises, Starting mid-May, Grand Tour departs daily at 10:00 am, (800) 323-7619
- Apostle Islands National Lakeshore Visitor Center, open Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, beginning mid-May (715) 779-3397
- Watch jams & jellies made daily, Bayfield Apple Company, open 9:00 am – 6:00 pm, (715) 779-5700
- Bayfield Heritage Walking Tours, Offering Historic, Ghost, Cemetery Walks and an Architect Tour. Tickets available at the Bayfield Chamber. Call (715) 779-0299 for dates and times.
- Wine tastings, Bayfield Winery, Weekends in May and daily after June 1st, (715) 779-5404 and All Sisters’ Winery, (715) 779-3274
- Madeline Island Ferry Line trips, Departs approximately hourly, 7:30am – 8:30pm, please refer to schedule for exact times, (715) 747-2051
- Summer Classes begin, Madeline Island School of the Arts, May 20th, (715) 747-2054
- Spring Sailing Charters on Lake Superior
- Shop for Blooming deals at unique shops & art galleries
- Bike, Hike, & Golf amongst the scenic beauty of Bayfield
- Self-guided garden tours at the Winfield Inn & Gardens and 14 area orchards
- 50,000 blooming daffodils and roadside touring of wildflowers and lupine