Celebrate America’s birthday on the shores of beautiful Lake Superior
Bayfield is the perfect destination for a summer holiday getaway. This Lake Superior harbor town offers activities for everyone, whether an outdoor enthusiast or someone seeking quiet relaxation. Visitors will enjoy family activities like strawberry picking and swimming at pristine local beaches, live entertainment including Concerts by the Lake and Big Top Chautauqua, unique shopping in historic downtown Bayfield, and rich hometown cooking at gourmet eateries. Watch a traditional patriotic finale of not just one, but TWO, fireworks shows over the city harbor, as spectators will have opportunity to view both Bayfield and Madeline Island’s displays from one location. Start planning your Fourth of July vacation in Bayfield today!
You’ll find plenty of ways to celebrate the holiday in Bayfield:
- Bayfield fireworks begin at dusk in Memorial Park on July 4th
- 4th of July parade on Madeline Island, also including fireworks at dusk
- Experience the traditional Chippewa culture during Red Cliff’s annual Pow-wow held annually the first full weekend in July
- Enjoy musical performances of all kinds including Concerts by the Lake, the Summer (Mostly) Thursdays series, Madeline Island Music Camp concert series’, and shows at Big Top Chautauqua, Legendary Waters and local taverns
- Race Week sailing events and sailing charters at area marinas
- Authentic WI fish boils at Greunke’s Restaurant
- Go berry picking in the “Berry Capital of Wisconsin.” Strawberries should be ripe just in time for the 4th! Buy fresh berries ready-picked or pick-your-own at one of Bayfield’s fruit farms.
- See lighthouses on a tour with Apostle Islands Cruises. A variety of cruises are offered daily including a new Glass Bottom boat tour of shipwrecks and the Raspberry Island Lighthouse Keeper’s Tour
- Take a walking history tour with Bayfield Ghost and History Walks including Ghosts and Legends of Old Bayfield and Sven’s Architect Tour
- Browse the fine art galleries and shops throughout Bayfield
- Visit the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore visitor center, Bayfield Maritime Museum, or Bayfield Heritage Center.
- Take a 20-minute ferry ride across the bay to nearby Madeline Island
Bayfield offers the opportunity to do so much. Or, if you prefer, so little. It’s all up to you.