Bayfield boasts of some of the best chefs and bakers in all the Midwest. Many of our area restaurants and farms have had recipes featured in Bon Appetit Magazine, Lake Superior Magazine and Midwest Living Magazine. And obviously, many have won awards in the annual Apple Festival apple pie and dessert contests over the years.
Below are recipes from Applefest contest winners and local restaurant and catering chefs so that you can serve up the delicacies using Bayfield’s fall harvest foods just as they do.
- Butternut & Cider Bisque with Sage by Good Thyme Restaurant & Catering
- Caramel Apple Crisp by Pier Plaza Restaurant
- Maple Spiced Squash by Rittenhouse Inn's Landmark Restaurant
- Mulled Wine by Bayfield Winery
- Poached Whitefish on the Grill by Bodin Fisheries
- Pumpkin Soup with Hazelnut Cream by Rittenhouse Inn's Landmark Restaurant
- Smoked Trout Hash with Poached Eggs by Rittenhouse Inn's Landmark Restaurant
- Smoked Trout with Almond Toast by Rittenhouse Inn's Landmark Restaurant
- Walnut Crusted Trout Fillets by Greunke's Restaurant
- Wood Fired Local Pork Tenderloin by Good Thyme Restaurant & Catering